Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm home now

Today they let me go from the hospital.  It's funny, they kept me in a wee bit longer than I think they normally do, but perhaps that's so I could make the trip over to Sick Kids a few times to see my little guy.  It was certainly an adventure getting over to Sick Kids from Mount Sinai through the steam tunnels.  My Mom and I got lost a couple of times on the way there, but found the most efficient way to get back.

It's very strange to be home without my little guy.  I really do wish he could be here, but I know that they are making him well over at Sick Kids.

At the moment it looks like they are going to wait a couple of weeks for him to grow a bitt bigger before doing the surgery.  So I guess all we can do is wait.

Today we got our first family portrait together when I brought him a little stuffed bunny rabbit I bought him last night when I was coming back from Sick Kids.....There is a little monkey buddy for him too, but we didn't think there was a enough room in his bed yet.


I think the bunny rabbit is almost bigger than he is at the moment.  But he will grow.  


I wasn't sure if they were going to let me leave the bunny with him yet but I thought I would at least bring it with me to show it to him.  And the nurse saw the bunny and asked if we wanted to leave him in the crib with him.  I almost completely lost it at that point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment