Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rob is 3 days old!

Today I got to spend a chunk of the day with my wee little boy.  I forgot to take pictures of him, but it was an exciting day!

He seems to be doing really well.  They are thinking of taking him off the intubation tube since he's doing so well with breathing on his own.  This would be a fantastic thing.  They've also stopped giving him muscle relaxants and the morphine so he's more alert and with it. He's quite the wiggle monster.

They are pretty happy with his progress so far and so are we.

He got to have a little sponge bath and get his hair washed.  He wasn't so impressed with that. He doesn't really make a crying sound yet, but he winkles his face up and flails about and tries to push your hand away.

He also tries to get rid of his IV already and managed to flail off one of the leads that he had on his wee hand.

It was amazing how the time slipped by.  I was there all afternoon and it felt like no time at all had passed by.

Tomorrow I'm going to read him a story.  I was going to today but there just didn't seem to be time.

No comments:

Post a Comment