Thursday, December 16, 2010

Today Was a Banner Day!

Dear Munchkin,


Today was an awesome day to hang out with you.  Today you came off the ventilator and are doing a pretty good job of breathing on your own.  It means one less machine which is really great.  Every day you seem to have less and less in the way of machines helping you out.  


Your personality is shining through too now that you aren't on the muscle relaxants anymore.  You are such a cute little wiggle monster.  And you've started to have an audible cry.  Which is the sweetest sound to me.  


Also, I got to hold you for the very first time today.  That was one of the most special moments of my life.  The nurse decided that it would ok that I hold you.  So I was able to snuggle with you for a whole 15 minutes.  When the nurse was getting you over to me you stared fussing.  I don't imagine it's fun getting moved around and getting out in the cooler air to get to me.  But as soon as you were put in my arms, you snuggled right in, stopped fussing and got this super content look on our face.  Then you fell asleep in my arms.  You were so warm and soft and special that I didn't want to put you back.  But I did so you can grow and be well.  
I hope we can do that again tomorrow and the next day and every day after that.  And I hope that your Dad can hold you too tomorrow.  


Love


Mom



1 comment:

  1. *wells up a little* So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete