Monday, July 1, 2013

Slides are fun!

Yesterday on my way to the grocery store with Mr. Munchkin I passed a couple pushing a stroller with a little girl about a year younger than my wee man.  As we passed by I noticed that this sweet little girl had a nose tube in.  It struck me right then that exactly one year ago I was pushing Munchkin down the same bit of street with his nose tube in while we were on a weekend pass between Sick Kids and Bloorview.  My eyes welled up a little as I remembered how worried I was for him and so hopeful that the surgery seemed to have worked so well.   I wanted to stop that family and tell them that I hoped their little girl would be doing super well this time next year just like Munchkin. 

So to brighten your Canada Day, I bring you my little man doing the slide all by himself.  He still often needs a little bit of support getting up the stairs but he can do the rest of it all by himself!


No comments:

Post a Comment